Widow to Widow
God is our merciful father and source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we comfort others. When they are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
~ 2 Corinthians 1:3b-4 NLT
The Chapel’s Widow to Widow Ministry exists to walk alongside widows as they experience the dramatic loss of widowhood by providing emotional support and companionship, helping widows heal.
WE SUPPORT AND CARE FOR WIDOWS BY:
- Visiting new widows to provide emotional support and serve as a point of contact between their need and the Chapel’s resources.
- Visiting widows on an ongoing basis to provide timely resources as these ladies walk through this difficult journey.
- Facilitating relevant and supportive small group studies.
- Organizing engaging social opportunities for widows to gather together to nurture new relationships.
- Developing valuable referral contacts to help widows with their practical needs.
- Connect and Share
The last Saturday of each month in The Chapel Library, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
(Our next meetings are June 30, July 28)
Connect and Share is an opportunity to share and encourage each other through the journey of grief. Coffee and snacks will be available. This is an unstructured time to share our hearts and concerns with one another. No need to sign up, but please come and join us!
Contractor Referral List - (contact a Widow to Widow Ministry Team Member for a copy)
From One Widow to Another by Miriam Neff
Hope For Today and Tomorrow by Donna Thomas
Traveling Through Grief by Susan J. Zonnebelt-Smeenge & Robert De Vries
Understanding Your Grief by Alan Wolfelt
When God and Grief Meet by Lynn Eib
Center for Loss & Life Transition (centerforloss.com)
Grief Digest Magazine (griefdigestmagazine.com)
WIDOW TO WIDOW MINISTRY TEAM:
Carol Brandt, Darla Pagel, Margaret Pickens, Robin Winkel, Sharon Asaro, and Sue Lachman.
Leaders: Robin Winkel (firstname.lastname@example.org)